A local grocer built the church in South Newport in 1949. The church, formally named Christ’s Chapel and located on a quiet patch of land along rural U.S. Highway 17, roughly an hour south of Savannah, is a popular stop for tourists.
They can be found on street corners, in town squares, in front of major buildings and on major town greens. They are often great ways to learn a little but about the history of a particular city or state.
(c) 2016-2020 The DeFeo Groupe, LLC. The DeFeo Groupe, LLC, P.O. Box 2714, Smyrna, Georgia 30081.