Walt Disney World is a tribute to the philosophy andlife of Walter Elias Disney… and to the talents, the dedication, and the loyalty of the entire Disneyorganization that made Walt Disney’s dream come true. May Walt Disney World bring Joy and Inspiration and New Knowledge to all who come to this happy place … a Magic Kingdom where the young at heart of all ages can laugh and play and learn together.Roy O. Disney, October 25, 1971
Theme Park Overview
Magic KingdomEpcotDisney's Hollywood StudiosDisney's Animal Kingdom
The Magic Kingdom was the first theme park to open at Walt Disney World when it debuted on Oct. 1, 1971. The 142-acre park has six themed lands, and its centerpiece is the 189-foot-tall Cinderella Castle.
A visit to the Magic Kingdom can be daunting for the uninitiated. Here is a brief overview of the lands.
- Main Street, U.S.A.: Coming soon!
- Adventureland: Coming soon!
- Frontierland: Coming soon!
- Liberty Square: Coming soon!
- Fantasyland: Coming soon!
- Tomorrowland: Coming soon!
Best of the Parks
- Disney to layoff 4,000 more employees than it initially reported
- California ‘ignores science, reason’ setting theme park reopening rules, industry officials say
- Walt Disney World announces July 11 reopening date