Bagel Boys Café
The idea for Bagel Boys started when owner John Lamb was 15 years old and working in a Philadelphia-area bagel delicatessen. After working for a decade at a national bagel shop, he struck out to realize that dream. The first Bagel Boys Café opened in 2005. In 2010, the company opened a second location on Kimball Bridge Road in Alpharetta. A third store in Sandy Springs opened in 2016.
Jack’s New Yorker Deli
Jack’s New Yorker Deli was established in Vinings in 2002 to create a New York-style deli with a Southern Charm twist.
Initially, its menu was simple, serving Reubens and cheesesteaks with pickles and chips. Over time, as its popularity grew, the restaurant expanded its menu to include various options, such as tasty breakfast dishes and gourmet salads.
Old Hickory House
The Dwarf House
The Dwarf House, originally named the Dwarf Grill, is where the famous Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich was first invented by Truett Cathy in 1946.
Cathy asked his customers to test the boneless chicken sandwich until he perfected the recipe in 1964. The restaurant was named the Dwarf Grill because of its small size, and it has always been located at 461 Central Avenue.
Over the years, the Dwarf House has undergone various renovations, including adding a porch and chimney stack with the restaurant’s name in 1957. The original building was demolished in 1967 and replaced with the Hapeville Dwarf House, which served customers until March 2021.
On February 17, 2022, a newly designed Dwarf House opened its doors, paying homage to all the previous buildings. The new building features reclaimed bricks from the 1967 building, a front patio where the original 1946 building stood, a stone chimney honoring the 1957 building, and entryway lanterns reclaimed from the 1967 building.