ATLANTA — A new survey from TripAdvisor indicates that 83 percent of respondents plan to take at least one one vacation with family members this year.
That’s up from the 79 percent of people who indicated such a plan last year.
“Travelers may not be able to pick their families, but they can certainly choose whether or not to plan trips with them – and Americans intend to do so in … droves this year,” Karen Drake, senior director of communications for TripAdvisor, said in a news release. “Family vacations are no longer the preserve of young kids and their parents, but a time for relations of all ages to come together for quality time.” In the spirit of a family vacation here are a few noteworthy — and family-friendly — sites in Georgia worth seeing:
- Explore Atlanta or a nearby city, such as Athens, Marietta or Cartersville
- Take a drive to Chattanooga or Western North Carolina — Cashiers and Highlands are only a two-hours drive
- Check out a few of Georgia’s roadside oddities.
- Visit a state or national park. There are plenty around, and parks such as Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield offer a nice window into history.
- In honor of the Civil War’s sesquicentennial, explore the state’s Civil War heritage.