Explore New York City
Lists to help you see and do
As a starting point, it’s important to know the lay of the land and that New York City is comprised of five boroughs – the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Staten Island and Queens. While the city is massive, it can be, for the most part, traversed by subway or on foot, which is why good planning is crucial to a successful visit. Here are some ideas to help you plan your visit.
Lists to help with your dining needs
There is no shortage of great food and drink in New York City. The real problem with a trip to the Big Apple isn’t finding somewhere to go; it’s determining which places don’t make the cut. This is by no means a complete guide, but it’s a decent place to start.
Best of the Best
- Sparks Steak House (E. 46th Street between 2nd and 3rd avenues)
- Rossini’s (East 38th Street between Park and Lexington avenues)
- The Musket Room (Elizabeth Street and E. Houston Street in the Nolita neighborhood)
- Gramercy Tavern (E. 20th Street at Park Avenue in Manhattan’s Flatiron District)
- Grand Central Oyster Bar (Grand Central Terminal)
- Grotta Azzurra (Brooklyn)
- La Bellezza Pizzeria (E. 49 Street between Third and Lexington)
- Katz’s Delicatessen (Lower East Side in Manhattan)