Old St. Paul’s

Old St. Paul’s
Name:
Old St. Paul’s
Type of Attraction:
Description:

Old St Paul’s was built in 1865-66 and constructed from New Zealand native timbers. Rev. Frederick Thatcher designed the Gothic Revival structure, which served as the Diocese of Wellington of the Anglican Church between 1866 and 1964. The building was nearly demolished in the 1960s. However, a civic organization formed to save the structure from demolition.

Attraction Tags: